Tuesday, January 28, 2014

The "Handsome Guy" Goes for a Stroll

Luigi Lucarelli has a great "how to" video on YouTube showing how to create characters from very basic shapes.

On this particular video he creates 4 male characters.  The one that intrigued me the most was the "handsome guy" character which I wasted no time in trying to draw:

The "handsome guy" designed by Luigi Lucarelli
I decided the exercise wasn't complete until I put this character through his paces, so to speak, by drawing him in a walk cycle:
Notice that I made his legs and feet a bit more realistic.
The walk cycle is based on Preston Blair's model.  A Google search taught me that animation students are hungry for walk/run/stroll/strut/etc. cycles.  Other than Preston Blair there are very few examples out there. 

Next exercise will be a female run cycle based on a video currently featured on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment