Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Dandy Duck

Preston Blair exercises continued.

Similar to last night's exercise, here's "Dandy Duck" in various stages of development:
The first very rough figure shows a red "action line" describing the character's attitude... both emotionally and what direction he is leaning.

I think this is how you're supposed to do it.

I notice that these pencil drawings come out very gray-ish... including the background which is very gray, not white the way I intended it.  I think I figured out why that is: this blog site automatically adjusts the brightness and contrast of pictures.  Because these are lightly pencilled in, they are adjusted with the brightness brought down and the contrast brought up to render the highest visibility.

Not the way I drew it but... works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment